Rahn’s offering assistance in obtaining Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and Hazmat endorsement

Rahn’s Oil & Propane is always looking for positive, energetic, hard working individuals.  If you would like to have a career in driving but are being held back by the new licensing regulations, have no fear!  We can help!  We believe that dedicated individuals with the passion for driving deserve the opportunity to get their CDL and hazmat endorsement, and were committed to helping you every step of the way.

Don’t worry, we’ll help you with the paperwork, fees, answer any questions you have, and provide guidance throughout the process. With our assistance, you’ll be ready to start your driving career with Rahn’s Oil & Propane and hit the road with confidence. For more details call 320-256-3680 to speak with Tim.

Transport & Bulk Delivery Drivers

Rahn’s Transport and Bulk Delivery Drivers haul propane, fuel and gasoline.  We provide a positive, safe, team-oriented work environment.  If you’ve seen our trucks, you know its all new and clean equipment.  A CDL with Hazmat endorsement is required.

Entry Level Driver Training… What is it?

As of February 7, 2022 the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) mandated an Entry Level Driver Program (ELDT) that applies ONLY to applicants seeking a CDL for the first time or upgrading to a Class B, Class A or H (HAZMAT) endorsement, S school bus endorsement and P passenger endorsement.  Individuals with a CDL or “H” endorsement prior to February 7, 2022 are not required to complete the ELDT.

The new ELDT training program requires entry level drivers to successfully complete a prescribed program of both classroom and behind the wheel instruction provided by a certified training provider.  First time applicants for an “H” endorsement are not required to take behind the wheel instruction, but only complete the classroom curricula under ELDT.  Once an applicant finishes ELDT training the training provider must electronically submit a certification of completion to the FMCSA via the TPR.  In turn, the FMCSA will send the certificate to the state drivers licensing agencies.  ELDT drivers are still required to take state administered CDL skills/knowledge tests, but only after completion of the FMCSA ELDT classroom and behind the wheel instruction.

ELDT applies only to NEW CDL applicants and those seeking a class or endorsement upgrade on or after February 7, 2022.  The ELDT rule applies to both intrastate and interstate drivers.  The ELDT establishes new minimum training standards for applicants seeking to:

*Obtain a CDL for the first time
*Obtain a Class “A” or “B” CDL for the first time
*Upgrade an existing Class “C” CDL to a Class “B” CDL or Class “A” CDL

Drivers with a valid CDL or H endorsement issued before February 7, 2022 are not subject to the new ELDT.

“HAZARD” endorsement applicants seeking a “H” endorsement for the first time are only required to complete specialized hazardous materials core curricula and not behind the wheel instruction.