Propane availability is in the news. We’re getting lots of questions about the status of propane and questions regarding concerns about shortages. We’d like to share what we know about the current status of propane availability.
- There is not a propane shortage. Propane supply is at very high and near record inventory levels in our country.
- Propane has been shipped into Minnesota over the past days at record rates.
- In an average November, propane marketers in Minnesota use 190 transport loads of propane per day for the state. This year we are shipping nearly 300 transports per day.
- For farmers the cold spring, late planting, and less than ideal growing and harvest season has produced a corn crop that is higher in moisture. They need large amounts of propane for drying crops. The demand for propane is high.
- Minnesota is currently experiencing temperatures 10-15 degrees below normal. We are experiencing December weather in early November. This has added to the demand for propane needed for drying crops, and heating homes and farms.
Providing propane for home heat and animal confinement remain our number one focus, but the industry will continue to seek all the propane supply we can to fulfill the crop drying needs of Minnesota farmers. Learn more about propane from Rahn’s Oil & Propane.
If you have questions regarding propane supply or your deliveries call Rahn’s at 320-256-3680.Contact Rahn’s Oil & Propane